There are some secrets you need to know regarding proper toileting training for your puppy.
- It is not just babies that have need to toilet, puppies also do.
They don’t have to inform you when they have need to use the toilet. What really matters is taking them outside before they try toileting inside. This is your job, and you will have yourself to blame when they toilet inside.
Here’s a puppy potty training video, to watch it by clicking the ‘Play’ button.
- The very first thing you will have to do is to show your puppy the exact spot to toilet.
To achieve this, all you need do is to take them outside when they want to toilet, and then give them rewards for going outside themselves. You will be surprised how quickly they will learn this etiquette when you give them rewards. Thinks of it as a small threat you give to your kid when they do right. They will definitely want that threat again and again and so they will want to toilet at the right spot so as to get the treat.
- At a very tender age; say 8 weeks, your puppy’s bladder is still very underdeveloped and so they can only hold on for just 30 minutes, before they go for another round of toileting. You need to keep a watchful eye on them.
- After every meal, your puppy will only have 60 seconds before the need for toileting arises.
You just need to take them outside. It is also needful to take them outside once they wake because their bladder is already filled from all they have eaten the previous night.
- Enforce it on members of your household to use the word “go toilet”, as in so doing, your puppy will get to actual meaning of the word over time.
- If your puppy fails to respond, then know they will still need some time, and the best thing to do will be to have their movement limited within a small area that can be easily cleaned, till they learn how to use the toilet.
- Avoid the mistake of rubbing your puppy’s nose when teaching them this lesson.
A puppy’s nose nose is way more sensitive than that of a human, and so rubbing their nose won’t stop them from doing it again. This is because you leave them no idea the wrong they did, and so will do it again when no one is watching.